Humane Bites #14: Is Bill Gates Part of the Problem?
Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail us with submissions for tomorrow.)
- If you still have a Microsoft "hotmail" account, you're part of the problem.
- Just a reminder: "American Humane is not affiliated with the Humane Society of the United States, an organization that primarily uses litigation and legislation to promote animal rights"
- Colorado letter-writer raises awareness (hat-tip!)
12,000 people sign petition to sack Michael Vick
- Buckeye ag spokesman is keeping Wayne Pacelle honest (well … trying to, anyway)
- The helpful HSUS oracle hath spoken: "A good quality breeder breeds the dogs in their homes"
- Kansas State Collegian columnist: Animal agriculture "should be left to those within and around the industry who know what they are doing and who don’t take the word of animal rights groups as gospel"
- Food blogger: HSUS "is run by a group of smooth talking, well dressed philosophy, history and English majors—no one on their board of directors has any agricultural experience."