Humane Bites #150: Saddle Up the Fame Horse
Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for tomorrow.)
- Maryland horse columnist: “HSUS is getting awfully good at having other folks do the work of saving the horses and then taking the credit for the work”
- If Wayne Pacelle says Michael Vick is a changed man, it must be true (or something)
- In Hawaii, HSUS lays out its upcoming plans (in Hawaii), which don't include helping shelter animals. In Hawaii. (Did we mention they're spending donors' money to hold meetings in Hawaii?)
- Gazillionaire HSUS has a bone to pick with local pet shelters making ends meet any way possible
- Your Daily Shelter: Kansas’s Helping Hands Humane Society (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)
Got a comment? Be sure to leave your thoughts below. From August 23 to October 29, 2010 we will be choosing the two best comments each week of 25 words or more, and awarding $100 (each) to the local pet shelters of the commenters' choice. Click here for more information and the official rules.