Humane Bites #39: So Much for “McCage-Free”
Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail me with submissions for tomorrow.)
- Ronald McDonald to Paul Shapiro: Yeah … those cage-free eggs? Not so much.
- The Economist: HSUS-driven EU ban on seal products "appears to be a cheap way to be seen to be doing something to protect animals, thus appeasing the animal welfare lobby, by attacking a group of people who cannot fight back."
- Sacramento Bee letter writer: HSUS leaders "simply hate hunting and don't really care one way or the other about wildlife."
- Will anyone be surprised to see HSUS clipboards outside a Michael Pollan lecture? Nope.
- Supreme Court watch: USA v. Stevens (wherein HSUS sides with squashing the First Amendment…)
- Your Daily Shelter: The Humane Society of Tampa Bay (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)