Humane Bites #56: This Makes as Much Sense as Minnesotans Writing Laws About Citrus Growing
Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail us with submissions for tomorrow.)
- Farm editorial about HSUS-sponsored livestock legislation: "What we don't need are urban representatives in Congress writing legislation on matters they know very little about"
- We get the feeling a certain pet retail chain is going to have one heck of a lawsuit against a certain cable channel
- USA Today gets it right: HSUS supports a ban on the sale of pythons because it "opposes the possession of [all] wildlife as pets"
- Hurry! There's still time to enroll in "Humane Society University"! (That's the school HSUS isn't allowed to run, but does anyway…)
- Your Daily Shelter: Minnesota's Martin County Humane Society, the latest pet shelter to point at HSUS and exclaim "We're not them." (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)