Humane Bites #67: Still Not a Real Humane Society
Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail me with submissions for tomorrow.)
- Bay Area columnist: "Many who donate to HSUS see their local shelter struggle financially to care for the homeless and stray pets in their community"
- In Oklahoma, HSUS’s "Puppy Mill Hotline" is just the beginning
- Consumer writer: Dogs “struggle to get the nutrients they need from commercial vegetarian pet food” (*ahem*)
- This PETA tactic sure does sound familiar
- If the animal rights movement is left unchallenged, here's its future trajectory
- Your Daily Shelter: Virginia’s Portsmouth Humane Society (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)