Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail me with submissions for tomorrow.)
- Akron editorial on HSUS's Ohio ballot fight: "At best, the statewide campaigns over regulating the treatment of farm animals are distractions"
- News of our latest report on HSUS is spreading (for starters, in Hawaii and North Dakota…)
- How far can James Bond fall? Pierce Brosnan is promoting Humane Society International, which was recently named America's most financially troubled charity
- Ellen DeGeneres is shilling for HSUS (Which we're sure is definitely not penance for the time she dumped her dog on her hairdresser's kids when it didn't get along with her cats, and the adoption shelter snatched it back to protect it from the whole ordeal)
- "Humane Choice" dog food is helping out in the oil-soaked gulf region by donating—wait for it—106 bags of vegan dog food that isn't exactly selling well (yes, that's HSUS's brand)
- Your Daily Shelter: Mississippi's Tupelo Lee Humane Society (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)