Humane Bites #309: Pacelle Upset Over White House’s New Dog
Clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for next time.)
- The first family got a second dog last week, but in doing so, the Obamas committed an animal rights faux pas: They chose a pure bred over adopting from a pet shelter, thereby incensing HSUS president Wayne Pacelle. (But Wayne wasn’t too harsh—after all, he’s visited the White House 9 times since 2009.)
- Why do we eat chickens if, according to vegan activists, they may be as intelligent as small children? We explain why to readers of the New York Daily News.
- Why are French chicken farmers literally throwing millions of eggs into the streets? It all boils down to hen-housing regulations pushed on the EU by animal activists, much like HSUS is now trying to do in the US.
- Shocking news: HSUS is suing someone! Okay, not exactly “shocking” given the army of lawyers HSUS employs. But when Raleigh refused to run misleading HSUS bus ads, the vegan activists did what they do best: Filed a federal lawsuit.
- Featured Shelter: Carolina Basset Hound Rescue (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)