Humane Bites #228: Animal Shelter Politics Is Spelled M-O-N-E-Y
Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for tomorrow.)
- South Florida pet shelters are struggling to keep the doors open (but will HSUS write a check?)
- While HSUS repairs Michael Vick's image, a real animal-care organization rehabs his dogs
- Tennessee sheriff rescues 100 dogs, and HSUS has custody: will they wind up like the last batch?
- HSUS celebrates celebrities, not the thousands of shelter workers who care for animals every day
- The Seattle Humane Society reminds web surfers that it's not supported by HSUS
- Your Daily Shelter: South Carolina’s Coastal Animal Rescue & Educational Sanctuary (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)