Humane Bites #244: Posturing, Petulance, and Push-Polling
Clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. E-mail submissions for tomorrow.)
- HSUS claims 1,000 clipboard-ready volunteers in Washington (and together they'll do the work of at least 50 paid signature-gatherers…)
- Memo to Wayne Pacelle: You can't expect to have more influence over Ohio livestock than Ohio livestock farmers
- "Susie is a monster. She has a tail and horns and fangs, and she dines with zombies every night. Plus, she smells. So … how do you feel about her becoming class president?"
- Columnist: For an organization that's not anti-meat, HSUS sure sounds like … well, an anti-meat organization.
- Nebraska Governor: For an organization that's not planning a ballot initiative here, HSUS sure is running some odd poll questions about … well, ballot initiatives
- Your Daily Shelter: The Humane Society of Parkersburg, West Virginia (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)