The Weekly Watch #46: A New Year, A New HSUS Ballot Campaign
If you were reading HumaneWatch last week, you learned …
- HSUS announced a ballot campaign in the state of Washington to criminalize the production and sale of non-"cage free" eggs (here we go again…)
- HSUS has "State Directors" (read: salaried lobbyists) in 40 states, and more to come
- HSUS is complaining that an egg trade group restricted supply and raised prices …which is … um … exactly what HSUS itself is trying to do
- Want to know where HSUS is digging inside the USDA? Thanks to FOIA, we have it all.
- Dogfighting is on the upswing in Philadelphia (which were sure has nothing to do with HSUS rehabbing Michael Vick's image)
- A HumaneWatcher in Texas spotted an HSUS truck from Maryland. What’s it doing there?
- HSUS VP and Humane Society “University” chief Robert Roop—the guy with a diploma-mill Ph.D.—is now retired. (HSUS’s quasi-university, sadly, didn't get a credibility boost in the transaction.)
Stay tuned this week for more truth-telling, research-sharing, and analysis of America's richest animal rights group! (If you need your up-to-the-minute HumaneWatch fix, there's always Facebook.)