Humane Bites #311: HSUS Reportedly Misquotes Religious Leader for Personal Gain
Clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for next time.)
- Everyone loves those hilarious BuzzFeeds with off-the-wall commentary explaining a string of GIFs, so we decided to try our hand at describing HSUS.
- It doesn’t get much lower than misquoting a religious leader for personal gain, but that’s reportedly what HSUS did recently in misquoting Southern Baptist minister Billy Graham.
- In his most recent remarks on the California egg bill, Congressman Steve King says people should take HSUS’s “hyperventilating statements like you might take your eggs, with a grain of salt.”
- HSUS has long had some sketchy associations and leaders, the latest of which being one Arthur Benjamin. The for-profit school Benjamin ran from 2005-2011 recently agreed to shut down amid allegations of widespread fraud and pay $3.7 million in fines.
- Wayne Pacelle makes $300,000 a year, but what does he do all day? According to this one-day profile… not a whole lot, it seems.
- Featured Shelter: Heart of the Valley Animal Shelter (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)